Your dentist in Camp Hill knows that caring for our community requires more than providing excellent dental care. We are in a special position to go even further — and because we love our community, we take every opportunity to give back that comes our way. Keep reading to learn more about our dedication to Camp Hill, our state, and our country, and how you can get involved in our next event as well. During October and November, that means participating in Candy Buyback!
Our Community Events
There are opportunities to help at every moment, and that is why we are continually working to find chances to give back throughout the year. We are frequently involved in different events, some of which we have listed in more detail below.
- Candy Buyback: Here’s what you can do with that scary-sweet haul after trick-or-treating. During October and November, you can send us your “extra” candy and we will buy it back at the rate of 1 prize per each pound, up to 5 pounds. We then pay the cost to send that candy to our troops abroad!
- Food drive: We frequently hold food drives for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank. We have a barrel located in our office where you can drop off food at any time during office hours. The Food Bank then takes these donations and distributes them throughout 27 counties in Central Pennsylvania.
- Walk for breast cancer
- American Heart Association: We held an event where patients could buy a heart, with different colors signifying different donations, and also held a Cutest Pet Contest with funds benefitting this important organization!
- Donations to local businesses: Camp Hill goody bags, Fredericksen Library silent auction, West Shore Gala silent auction, Cedar Cliff High School sponsor
- Frequently donated services for patients and schools for people in need
- Sent over 100 care kits to the victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Donated toothpaste and brushes for dental mission trips
- And more!
Join Us This Month
Having a plethora of candy around this time of year can put your and your family’s smiles at-risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health hazards. But it doesn’t make sense to throw all those sweet treats away to avoid eating them. Instead, why don’t you donate them to our troops during our Candy Buyback?
From October 27 to November 9, bring up to 5 pounds of candy and be eligible for 1 prize per pound of donation. (Of course, you can bring as much as you like beyond 5 pounds, too.) When you make a donation, we will take care of the postage and shipping and get that candy to our troops — who will certainly be pleased to get it. You’re invited to participate this October! Contact us to learn how to join in on the fun for a good cause.