Botox – Camp Hill, PA
Eliminate Jaw Pain and Improve Appearance
Botox in Camp Hill is a truly beneficial form of treatment. Apart from its abilities to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles and turn back the clock on aging, it also assists in improving the lives of individuals who experience chronic jaw pain. When eating, speaking, yawning, and even speaking become difficult because of inflammation within the jaw joints and facial muscles, Botox can offer a way to relax these facial components and help you experience greater relief. If you are interested in learning how Botox can better benefit your daily life, contact us to schedule an appointment today.
What is Botox?
Botox is a form of both cosmetic and TMJ treatment . While it is most commonly used for aesthetic purposes because of its unique abilities to temporarily paralyze facial muscles and keep creases from forming, it also minimizes jaw movement, allowing for much-needed relief.
Also referred to as botulinum toxin, it is FDA-approved and is injected into designated areas of the jaw and face to prevent muscles from contracting and causing wrinkles, fine lines, and simple movement.
Your cosmetic dentist in Camp Hill will explain the process during your initial consultation and recommend the appropriate number of injections to help you achieve your desired goals.
Who is a Good Candidate for Botox?
Before you can move forward with any type of cosmetic treatment or TMJ therapy, you’ll first need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Singh. It is through her evaluation that she will determine if you are eligible to receive Botox. While it is safe for most patients, those who are pregnant, have skin disorders, or who have muscle weakness or loss should avoid the use of Botox. It is also not recommended for patients who are not yet in their mid-late 20s.
Because of its unique ability to treat both cosmetic and jaw-related problems, Botox can address:
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD)
- Glabellar lines (vertical lines between the eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet
- Vertical lines around the lips (smoker’s lines)
- Forehead lines and wrinkles
The Benefits of Botox
You may not realize it, but Botox does offer patients many unique benefits. Instead of spending hours or countless visits seeking treatment to improve your facial appearance or address your chronic muscle pain, Botox makes it possible to:
- Achieve faster results: Known as the “lunchtime facelift,” Botox can be completed during a normal lunch hour, allowing you to get back to work and resume normal activity. On average, you can expect to notice a difference in your appearance or the improvement in your muscle spasms within 3-5 days.
- Subtle changes: You don’t need to worry about people commenting on your Botox treatment other than remarking how young you look. You shouldn’t expect to be asked if you’ve had work done when seeing Dr. Singh for treatment.
- Non-invasive procedure: Instead of going under the knife for a facelift, you can walk away with one or more small injections that heal quickly. This makes recovery quick and easy.
- Affordable: Unlike facelifts or other forms of cosmetic TMJ therapy options, Botox is highly affordable, especially when you consider there is no actual surgical procedure.