Children’s Dentist – Camp Hill, PA
Giving Your Child a Positive First Impression
Oral health is essential at every age, but young patients need a specific level of attention due to their smile still developing. Dr. Singh and her team work hard to create an office environment that is calming, relaxing, and accommodating in every way possible. Not only will this ensure your child develops a good first impression of our team, but make future visits easier as they get older. To schedule your child’s first dental appointment, give our office a call today!
Why Choose Rina Singh, DDS for Children’s Dentistry?
- Soft Tissue Frenectomies for Best Comfort
- Accommodates Those with Special Needs
- Caring Dental Team Focused on Your Child’s Needs
Your Child’s First Visit
Dr. Singh and her staff enjoy working with children and are especially skilled at keeping them relaxed and engaged during their dental experience. We have put a great deal of thought and effort into providing the following for our youngest patients:
- A friendly, welcoming play area complete with books, a large fish tank, toys, and stuffed animals—all-in-one area built to their size.
- Our dental hygienists are understanding and focused on children’s unique needs. They utilize fun and engaging instructional tools to teach proper brushing and flossing or for refresher training.
- Children can use the Cinema Glasses and watch movies like SpongeBob, Scooby, or their favorite cartoon. We also offer nitrous oxide sedation to help those little ones who are anxious or tense while at the dentist.
- We have entertaining instructional videos to explain any necessary treatment on levels children can understand. Our staff will also take the time to show every child the materials and equipment we will be using. We have found that by having no surprises, our patients are much more relaxed.
- Our specially designed program just for children emphasizes the importance of brushing and flossing in maintaining a healthy mouth. It allows our staff to spend the necessary hands-on time to make sure all our young patients have the skills to keep their mouths healthy for a lifetime.
- We utilize the latest fluoride treatment techniques to gain maximum benefit from this technology.
- Finally, a trip to our treasure chest to select a toy to celebrate a positive experience completes their appointment.
- We want our children to “graduate” to adult dentistry having the necessary skills to keep their mouth healthy for a lifetime and to feel relaxed and comfortable in a dental office.
One of the easiest ways to protect teeth from tooth decay is applying dental sealants as part of preventive dentistry services from Rina Singh, DDS and her Camp Hill dental team. Sealants create a clear, plastic coat over teeth that keeps decay-causing bacteria from accessing the tooth enamel, weakening dental structure and allowing decay. With one quick, painless application, dental sealants protect smiles for years. Sealants are a great option for younger patients who are still learning good hygiene skills and adult patients who are at greater risk for decay.
Frenectomies/Lip & Tongue-Tie
Does your child find it difficult to latch during breastfeeding? Are they struggling to chew their food properly or perform basic oral functions in general? This could be due to a common genetic condition which causes the frenum attached to their lip, tongue, or both, to be oversized. With the help of our soft tissue laser, we can quickly reduce the size of this tissue, giving them free movement of their mouth and tongue. Not only can treatment be completed in one visit, but our dental laser makes the process virtually painless.
The leading cause of tooth loss for patients under the age of 25 is sports-related traumatic injury. That’s why it’s essential for patients who participate in sports where their smiles may come in contact with other players, hard surfaces, or athletic equipment to wear a protective mouthguard during every sporting event. There are a number of store bought appliances available, but the custom crafted sportsguards from our office provide greater protection for patients’ smiles and improved comfort.
Special Needs Dentistry
All patients not only need quality dentistry, but deserve it. If you have a family member with a mental disability or other cognitive condition that makes completing dental treatments difficult for them, please call us and we’ll do everything possible to meet their accommodations. Once you arrive, we’ll be more effectively prepared to serve your family member’s most pressing oral health concerns, whether it’s a basic checkup or dental restoration.
Is your child sucking their thumb or their other fingers past the age of four? Thumb-sucking is often done to provide stress relief when your child is a baby or toddler. However, as they get older, continuing these habits only puts their oral development at higher risk. Our team will help coax your child out of these potentially harmful practices, reducing the need for other long-term treatments to resolve an uneven bite or misaligned teeth, such as orthodontics.
When an adult’s permanent tooth becomes decayed and infected, root canal therapy is generally required to remove the infection and save the tooth. Pulp therapy is similar in practice, however, it largely targets baby teeth that have yet to fall out on their own. Remember, while baby teeth will fall out naturally, they should not do so due to physical trauma or decay, especially too early. Our personalized pulp therapy gets your child out of discomfort quickly and effectively.