Dental Insurance – Camp Hill, PA
Breaking Down Your Benefits and Coverage
While Dr. Singh doesn’t let insurance dictate the treatment you should receive, her and her team want to help patients make the most of their insurance however possible as well. With that said, if you have dental benefits from your employer, you’ll want to make sure to maximize them to the fullest as it’s a great way to minimize long-term costs on your care. As you prepare for your next visit, we want to break down a few of the nuances that come with dental insurance to help you better set expectations.
Understanding How Dental Insurance Works
Unlike most medical insurance plans, dental insurance is designed to be used on a regular basis. While medical plans are generally used for handling more serious emergency injuries or illnesses, dental insurance should be used regularly, such as for exams, cleanings, and X-rays. Many people don’t realize this and as a result they end up spending money on insurance they never use. Insurance providers generally provide the most coverage for preventive care, encouraging patients to use their benefits regularly.
What Does My Dental Insurance Cover?
Every dental insurance plan is going to have its own unique stipulations that you’ll need to review. While our team is happy to help you go over your plan’s benefits, we can say with confidence that most plans break down in the same way. For example:
- Preventive services are usually covered at or close to 100% (and often cover services like exams, cleanings, and X-rays.)
- Minor restorative services tend to be covered between 70% and 80% (and usually include dental fillings and root canal therapy.)
- Major restorative services are often covered up to 50% (and typically cover crowns, bridges, and dentures.)
Our In-Network Dental Insurance Providers
As an in-network provider of several PPO dental plans, you can typically expect higher savings on care compared to using an out-of-network provider. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t still receive reasonable savings when you have dental insurance. We do everything possible to provide a good value for your services without compromising quality.
We are in-network with many of the major PPO plans, including:
- Delta Dental Premier
- Cigna Total DPPO
- UPMC Dental Advantage PPO
- United Concordia - Elite Plus
- Ask our friendly dental team if we are in-network with your insurance!