Dental Crowns – Camp Hill, PA
Bringing Back Your Tooth’s Strength and Luster
Dental crowns in Camp Hill are a dependable solution when it comes to protecting weakened teeth from future decay and damage. For decades, dental professionals have used these customizable restorations as a way to rebuild smiles. Ensuring the size and shape of your restoration match your regular tooth, Dr. Rina Singh and her team use various materials to create the right dental crown for you. From traditional amalgam (gold) to porcelain crowns, she will recommend the proper option to give you the best results. To find out if you are eligible for a dental crown, contact us today.
Why Choose Rina Singh, DDS for Dental Crowns?
- Personalized Exactly to Your Needs
- Advanced Digital Impression Scanner Technology
- Get a Crown in Just One Visit
Reasons for a Dental Crown
When scheduling an appointment with Dr. Singh, she will recommend a dental crown if you have any of the following:
- A severely decayed tooth that cannot be adequately treated with a simple filling.
- Serious dental trauma resulting in a fractured, broken, or chipped tooth.
- Recently completed root canal therapy that needs a dental crown placed over the weakened tooth.
- Received dental implants that are awaiting your finalized dental crown.
- A filling that has grown and further damaged your tooth, resulting in the need for a dental crown.
Only after a thorough examination will she decide if a dental crown is necessary. If you have a traditional amalgam restoration, it may be possible to switch to a more subtle, color-matched crown.
What is the Process for Getting a Dental Crown?
To begin the process of receiving a dental crown, Dr. Singh will start by administering a local anesthetic to numb the area and make you more comfortable throughout the procedure. She will then begin to clear away the debris and decayed areas of your tooth. After thoroughly removing any damaged portions of your tooth, she will reshape and “prep” it by reducing the entire surface area to ensure the crown properly fits when put into place.
After impressions of your teeth are taken and sent to a dental lab, you will return after a few weeks of wearing a temporary crown to have your permanent one secured. If the tooth is located at the back of the mouth, you may be recommended a gold crown because of its ability to withstand a heavier bite. Furthermore, gold crowns are often less visible to others. However, if the tooth in question is closer to the front of your mouth, you may receive a porcelain crown that retains a natural appearance, allowing it to blend in with your healthy teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns make it possible for patients to enjoy a healthier, more fully functional smile. Because of their durability and longevity, you can feel confident performing regular, daily tasks (i.e. eating, chewing, speaking) as well as knowing your tooth is better protected from future decay and damage.
Some of the benefits that come with dental crowns include:
- Greater protection while your natural tooth strengthens over time
- Enhanced appearance and boosted confidence
- Removed pain caused by damaged teeth
- A long-lasting restoration that can last a decade or longer with proper care and maintenance
- Customized to meet your individual needs