Metal-Free Restorations – Camp Hill, PA
You Deserve a Natural-Looking Smile
While traditional amalgam is still used by dentists today to repair problematic teeth, they are often not the most aesthetically pleasing when it comes to improving the look of a patient’s smile. When an individual desires to have a cosmetic solution that will not only better protect their damaged teeth but also blend in with the rest of their smile, it is metal-free restorations in Camp Hill they can turn to. Dr. Rina Singh and her team of experts are pleased to provide this type of cosmetic service and use beautiful, all-ceramic materials to ensure each restoration matches with healthy, remaining teeth. To find out if you are a qualified candidate, contact our office today.
Why Choose Rina Singh, DDS for Metal-Free Restorations?
- Designed Using Digital Impression Technology
- Same-Day Crowns Available
- Custom-Shaded to Blend in With Your Enamel
What Are Metal-Free Restorations?
If Dr. Singh recommends a metal-free restoration, she is likely referring to one of the following:
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Inlays and Onlays
Using all-ceramic materials, these restorations will give you a more pleasing aesthetic while better protecting your teeth from further damage. Each restoration is custom-made according to the designated size, shape, and color of your teeth, so you’ll be pleased once you see how it blends in beautifully with the rest of your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations?
Although traditional metal is viewed as more durable, the truth is that these restorations can damage your teeth far worse than you think. With metal-free restorations, your cosmetic dentist in Camp Hill can provide you with a solution that offers far greater benefits, such as:
- An improved appearance: The natural-looking material used will match seamlessly with your remaining, healthy teeth, making it virtually impossible for anyone to tell the difference between your real and artificial teeth.
- A solution for those with metal sensitivities: All-ceramic restorations are hypoallergenic, which means patients with metal allergies can now receive a solution that better protects their teeth and provides an improved aesthetic.
- A restoration that lasts: Metal-free restorations can last 10 years or more with proper care and maintenance. Highly resistant to stains and normal wear and tear, you can enjoy your restored smile for longer and without the worry of dark areas forming at the base of your tooth.
Types of Metal-Free Restorations
Metal-free restorations are designed to treat a multitude of dental problems and come in many forms, including:
Also known as a “cap,” these artificial teeth fit over your weakened tooth to hide stains and other imperfections as well as prevent further damage or re-infection from reaching the natural tooth.
Should you need to fill a cavity, Dr. Singh will recommend a tooth-colored filling made of composite resin. This malleable material will be color-matched to your smile and lay flat once in place. It will not only treat the cavity, but also be unnoticeable to others.
If you are missing one or more consecutive teeth along the top or bottom row, Dr. Singh can craft a dental bridge by fusing multiple dental crowns and anchoring them to your abutment teeth, effectively “closing the gap” in your smile.
Inlays & Onlays
If a tooth is damaged just enough that a filling isn’t sufficient, but a crown is too much, we may suggest an inlay or onlay. An inlay fits within the cusps of a back tooth while an overlay fits over the cusps, restoring your smile to its natural beauty.